Lo mai gai may be a typical hongkong food that this point are mentioned within the hongkong food guide article. Lo mai gai itself is a steamed sticky rice that incorporates a savory style. This food is typically on the market in cuisine restaurants. Which means of serving this lo mai gai is to serve it in a very little unsullied bowl.
Besides sticky rice that is that the main ingredient, they have different complementary ingredients like chicken and mushrooms. However besides complementary ingredients for chicken and mushrooms, these foods additionally contain pork.
The cookery time also will vary depending how soft and sticky you want your rice to be. As a rule of thumb for cooking lo mai gai, you must steam it for a minimum of forty five minutes over medium heat. Then stir the rice that tastes sticky and wet. once cooked. You need to make sure that the sticky rice in a bowl top with sauce / water to confirm that the rice are equally distributed.
How To Prepare Lo Mai Gai
Within the directions below, I actually have given steps on a way to serve it in 2 other ways – you’ll steam it in a very little aluminium / heat-resistant bowl then take away it once served. Or steam it in ramekin and serve it directly.
Lo Mai Gai (Steamed sticky rice with chicken and mushrooms)
- Soak the chicken with salt, ginger wine, and condiment for a minimum of one hour.
- in a hot fry pan, heat a pair of tablespoons of oil and add garlic and onion and fry for one 1/2 minutes till redolent. Add rice, and saute for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. take away from heat and place in a very bowl.
- within the same pan, add a pair of tablespoons of oil and therefore the remainder of the garlic and onion and fry for one 1/2 minutes till redolent. Add chicken and mushrooms, then cook for five minutes till the chicken is braised. Season with chicken powder and add water and wait for it to boil. Once boil, add black condiment and take away from heat.
- To prepare an area of rice initial followed by chicken and mushrooms. Then cowl with sauce (from cookery chicken). You have got to form certain the rice is roofed with sauce in order that it will be braised equally.
In a little bowl, collect, place the mushrooms first, followed by chicken and at last rice and sauce. You have got to form certain the rice is roofed with sauce in order that it will be braised equally.
- Steam over medium heat for half-hour. Then lower to low heat and steam once more for 45-60 minutes. Or till the rice is sticky and soft. (If you would like to hurry it up, simply steam it on medium heat for forty five minutes)